Friday, February 1st
The San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art and Social Policy Café invite artists and non-artists alike to participate in a collaborative community group exhibition called Curate Your Heartache. Curate Your Heartache will be an exhibition of personal objects and mementos from current or past romantic relationships. The exhibition will be held at Social Policy Café, (located at 200 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95113) from February 1st (exhibition’s Opening Reception) through February 24th, 2019. All are invited to submit an item for the exhibition.
Curate Your Heartache is the first Art Hangs event, the ICA’s newest program that brings you FREE off-site participatory pop-up art experiences.
How to Participate
1) Read these instructions to learn about submission guidelines: Curate Your Heartache Submission Guidelines
2) Drop-off item with name and phone number at ICA (560 S 1st Street, San Jose) or Social Policy (200 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95113) during listed drop off times.
3) Email email@example.com with an image of your object, a title, the year it came into your possession, and a 3-5 sentence description of the item.
4) Attend the Opening Reception at Social Policy on February 1 from 7PM-10PM.
5) Attend Anti-Valentine’s Day Happy Hour at Social Policy on February 14th from 5PM- 8PM.
4) Pick-up your item at the end of the exhibition from Social Policy or ICA (see Submission Guidelines above for details).
February 1, 2019
7PM – 10PM